=?windows-1252?q?Dominio=Èco=85_Aporte_DE_ACUI _ = =?windows-1252?q?a_la_lista=È =

jmamodio at gmail.com jmamodio at gmail.com
Fri Apr 23 09:54:10 CDT 2010

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: =?windows-1252?q?Dominio=Èco=85_Aporte_DE_ACUI _ = =?windows-1252?q?a_la_lista=È =
From: jmamodio at gmail.com

It does not have of which Andres, aqui goes then what motivatesand bases my
it asks Daniel.

Continuing a little with the cuestionamiento that proponia Alexander in
answer to the message of Antonio, evidently one of the points but
urticantes for some, are the similarity from CO with COM that
certainly but alla that the Government of Colombia after a process that
can or to be criticized has not decided to contract the administration of
same to a commercial company, it generates an interesting situation in
present universe of the dominion names.

Lamentably, my opinion, the DNS has become a luck
of Persian market, but that has given rise to a "estimated industry" in
several trillions of dolares, to be generated many interests then and
all want a small piece of the "cake".

In my opinion the bottom question is that with the similarity between CO and
COM is created a new space where certain reglas/politicas
preexisting they fall in a gray land and the door is opened sothat
potentially greater surely greater competition is created and
controversy in the use of the DNS.

A detail in individual to consider, is that although CO
ccTLD comprises of ccNSO, CO is one of ccTLD that does not even have
signed algun formal agreement or "accountability framework" with ICANN,
nonmemory at this moment with exactitude if one has occurred in the past
algun "to letter exchange". Then in this frame, and although they exist
certain norms and processes that all have accepted in common and derivatives
of the delegation of the administration of ccTLD on the part of IANA in
the frame of the expressed thing in the RFC1591, we say that CO becomes
then in "new COM" with a "regulatory frame" slightly
different from which operates COM at the moment. (It is possible to notice that TV ccTLD
it has not signed a formal agreement with ICANN either).

Also it is possible to emphasize that in spite of not existing a formal agreement, in
certain subjects as the resolution of disputes CO ccTLD has decided
to follow the same process established by ICANN (UDRP) and in relation a
protection of marks to create a period "sunrise".

Some companies have not hoped too much to move, already can
to visit http://www.microsoft.co /, that although the period of
"sunrise" began 1ro of April already was registered
from February 24, 2010. Other dominions like apple.co and google.co
also they are or registered, peculiarly in the same date or
a day antes/despues, is to say that preference has occurred him certain
names previous at the beginning of the period "sunrise", possibly this
surga of the Phase 1 or period of "apadrinamiento" where that already
they counted on a dominion of third low level com.co, edu.co, etc,
they could apply for a dominion of second level, but the detail is
that this peridio comenzo 1ro of March, then as it is that
Microsoft registry its dominion MICROSOFT.CO in February?

(Part of the information on these periodos/procesos is in
the titled document "CO Report Summarized for Holders of Marksand
its Agents "http://www.cointernet.com.co/sites/default/files/documents/CO_propiedad_intelectual_022210_final.PDF).

Then returning to my initial question, that is what it is wanted
"to avoid that he happens", under which "mandate", and on the part of who?

Kind Greetings
Jorge

Co cctld member of ccnso

http://mm.icann.org/transbot_archive/e1c9137114.html