[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO bylaws

Vanda UOL vanda at uol.com.br
Thu Feb 25 13:15:31 CST 2010

 Dear  colleagues

 Even not participating in the last meeting due conflicted calls, I have
some ideas related to the Bylaws change and would like to share with you all

a)      I believe two year terms for elected people in LACRALO  is important
- but it is also important  which words we will use to guarantee the
interpretation in English, Spanish and Portuguese will be the same. The
election process  I also agree needs a review.  Once we will change the
bylaws, I would like to propose to review the  whole bylaws checking it
against best practices,  other constituencies/ RALOs etc as in a review
process , to match with the ALAC review process also.

b)       The two year term  for elected people shall start at March 2011.
We have no time to consult people before the end of march ( our bylaws)
Ordinary Assembly.  But we can call for an extraordinary Assembly any time.

c)       With this accepted, we can go deeply to analyze the suggestions and
have a good proposal by September/ October this year, in time to have
everything ready for the 2011 Ordinary Assembly ( march) .

d)       All ALSs shall participate in this process . So the working group
already set shall come out with the first  words suggestions for the period
+ election process to be posted for comments among all ALSs in the region.

e)      We could have another WG to analyze our whole  bylaws against best
practices and other inside the ICANN communities.

f)        Our Bylaws allow us to reelected the current directory for one
more term and my proposal is to do so,  to start to be used with the 2 years
ter.  It  is good practice not change bylaws at the same time we change the
management team.

I appreciate any comment you may have regard this ideas.

 Best to all

Vanda Scartezini

NEXTi_v1.jpg

an ICANN ALS