[lac-discuss-en] Candidates LACRALO for the ABSC

staff at atlarge.icann.org staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Feb 5 04:50:24 CST 2010

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Candidates LACRALO for the ABSC
From: staff at atlarge.icann.org

Considered,

The equipment of design for the selection of a member AT-Large of the Meeting of
ICANN (ABSdt) this looking for regional candidates for the committee of
selection of a member AT-Large of the Meeting of ICANN (ABSC).

The ABSC will  attend the selection process, having reviewed the candidacies for
position of member AT-Large of the Meeting of the ICANN and is going to create a list
of candidates preselected for the selection.

The ABSC must be made up of two representatives of each region ICANN and
president. All members ABSC must confirm their will and capacity
in order to dedicate a significant time to the process.

It see the list of candidates for the ABSC of the other regions:
https://st.icann.org/alac-docs/index.cgi?at_large_board_selection_committee

If it interests to him to be united to the ABSC, please it responds to this message.

 *******

That it is what is going to make the ABSC exactly?

The task was assigned to the ABSC of creating a public list of candidates for
position of member AT-Large of the Meeting of the ICANN. In order to do that,
ABSC is not going to passively wait for that the integral people of AT-Large
interested they are put in contact with them, but that is going to identify and
to also ask for candidacies of people who could be adapted and
described to occupy the positions.

It must have a diversity of options to choose in the list of candidates,
but the described people do not have to be excluded because there is
"too many" in some region, by sort, or other characteristics
excellent.

Through a process of questionnaires and/or interviews, the ABSC would reduce
the total list to "a small" number of candidates.

All the documents and deliberations of the ABSC must be
confidential and this confidentiality must continue beyond
existence of any ABSC in individual.

Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger, Gisella Gruber-White, Marilyn Vernon,
Kristina Nordström
ICANN AT-Large Staff

email: staff[at]atlarge.icann.org
website: www.atlarge.icann.org