[lac-discuss-en] LACRALO Candidates for the ABSC

ICANN At-Large Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri Feb 5 04:55:16 CST 2010

Dear All,

The At-Large Selection design team is seeking candidatures from LACRALO for
the At-Large Board Member Selection Committee (ABSC).

The ABSC will assist the At-Large Director process by revising the At-Large
Board member candidatures and creating a short-list for the At-Large Board
Member election.

The ABSC will be composed of two representatives from each ICANN region and
a Chair. All ABSC members will need to confirm their willingness and ability
to dedicate significant time to the process.

You may find a list of ABSC candidates from all At-Large regions under
https://st.icann.org/alac-docs/index.cgi?at_large_board_selection_committee

If you are interested in joining the ABSC, please reply to this message.
Thank you.

 *********

What will the ABSC be doing exactly?

The ABSC is tasked with creating a public list of candidates for the
At-Large Board member position. To do so, the ABSC will not just passively
wait to hear from interested At-Large insiders, but will also identify and
solicit candidacies from people who would qualify and may be seen to fulfill
the positions.

There should be a diversity of choices in the list of candidates for the
At-Large Board member, but qualified people should not be excluded because
there are "too many" from any one region, gender, or other relevant
characteristic.

Through a process of questionnaires and/or interviews, the ABSC would reduce
the total list of applicants to some ³small² number of candidates. All
documents and deliberations of the ABSC shall be confidential and this
confidentiality shall continue past the existence of any particular ABSC.

Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger, Gisella Gruber-White, Marilyn Vernon,
Kristina Nordström
ICANN At-Large Staff

email: staff[at]atlarge.icann.org
website: www.atlarge.icann.org