[lac-discuss-en] ICANN Blog : Nick Ashton-Hart now Senior Director, Participation and Engagement

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Mon Dec 7 20:15:18 CST 2009

Congratulations, Nick!

Via
http://blog.icann.org/2009/12/nick-ashton-hart-now-senior-director-participation-and-engagement/

"I’m pleased to announce the appointment of Nick Ashton-Hart Senior
Director, Participation and Engagement. This position incorporates the
duties of General Manager for Public Participation previously performed
by Kieren McCarthy, with some fine-tuning of focus and effort.

ICANN views increasing participation across all stakeholder communities
as a strategic priority. This means recruiting new participants in our
work, and new communities of interests who are not presently involved,
but it also to further empower existing volunteer communities so that
all feel their time spent with ICANN is increasingly valuable and
effective. ICANN’s participation mechanisms, from public comment
processes to meetings to publications, should be world-class – and
viewed as such by those who use them; Nick’s job is to ensure that we
never accept “good enough” and always look to improve."