[lac-discuss-en] Draft Report of the NomCom Review Finalization Working Group

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Thu Nov 19 20:11:39 CST 2009

The Draft Final Report of the NomCom Review Finalization Working Group :
in English :
http://www.icann.org/en/announcements/announcement-3-03oct09-en.htm
http://www.icann.org/en/reviews/nomcom/nomcom-review-finalization-wg-draft-report-23sep09-en.pdf

and in Spanish :
http://www.icann.org/es/public-comment/public-comment-200911-es.html#nomcom-review-2009
http://www.icann.org/es/reviews/nomcom/nomcom-review-finalization-wg-draft-report-23sep09-es.pdf

 From the report :
"the Working Group has finished its deliberation on all recommendations,
with the notable exception of recommendations 10 and 13.
Recommendation 10 covers the nominating committee’s size and composition.
Recommendation 13 is the suggestion that nominating committee chairs
should serve as non‐voting observers for a year before taking on the
chair’s full responsibility.
For these two recommendations, we ask for input into further
deliberations, and anticipate significant changes beyond what is in this
report."

Recommendation 10 includes a possible suggestion for ALAC voting
delegates to NomCom be reduced from 5 (one from each region) to 3
(rotating among the regions)

On the LACRALO call on November 19th, concerns were expressed that this
suggestion would not be in the interest of At-Large.

There is currently a draft response on the NARALO mailing list regarding
recommendation 10 at
http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/pipermail/na-discuss_atlarge-lists.icann.org/2009-November/003723.html

However, either consensus with the draft NARALO statement or our own
comments/suggestions by LACRALO need to be finalised by November 23rd in
time for the ALAC conference call on November 24th.

---
Dev Anand Teelucksingh
LACRALO Secretariat