[lac-discuss-en] Information on upcoming meetings in LACRALO needed

Dev Anand Teelucksingh admin at ttcsweb.org
Tue Aug 25 09:42:11 CDT 2009

2nd Latin American and Caribbean Prepatory Meeting for the IGF :
August 11th to 13th, 2009
http://www.nupef.org.br/igf/english/

Latin American and Caribbean Internet Addresses Registry (LACNIC) are
http://lacnic.net/en/index.html are also doing meetings in the region,
LACNIC CARIBBEAN, JULY 16th-17th, 2009 was just held in Trinidad.
(http://lacnic.net/en/eventos/caribbean2/)

Caribbean Internet Governance Forum held by the Caribbean
Telecommunications Union (CTU) : http://ctu.int/cigf-2009-overview

The CTU is also doing a Caribbean Roadshow with meetings in several
Carribbean islands from now to April 2010 :
http://ctu.int/index.php/about-the-ict-road-show
http://ctu.int/download/CTU_Caribbean_ICT_Roadshow_Overview.pdf (8.4 MB
PDF) and http://ctu.int/attachments/054_CTU%20Caribbean%20Road_Show.pdf
has more details about these meetings. Page 12 of
http://ctu.int/attachments/054_CTU%20Caribbean%20Road_Show.pdf
lists several tentative meeting dates and locations.

Also, persons from The Ministry of Public Administration (MPA ;
http://fastforward.tt/) from the Government of Trinidad and Tobago have
attended several ICANN meetings under the Fellowship programme (Puerto
Rico 2007, Sydney 2009 and will be again at Soeul 2009). The TTCS is in
contact with them, especially with regards to consultations the MPA are
having regarding the .tt ccTLD

Dev Anand Teelucksingh
Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society (http://ttcsweb.org/)