[lac-discuss-en] Nomination for LAC NomCom position

Jacqueline A. Morris jam at jacquelinemorris.com
Tue Aug 18 17:24:27 CDT 2009

Dear all

I would like to nominate Cintra Sooknanan of the TTCS ALS as the LAC
representative to the NomCom.

She is a lawyer and carries on a general practice with a focus on
intellectual property, telecommunications law and commercial law. She
holds a Bachelor of Laws Degree (2006) from the University of London and
a Post-Graduate Diploma in the Legal Practice Course (2007) for
solicitors with commendation from Staffordshire University Law School.
Ms. Sooknanan is currently pursuing her Masters in Law in Legal Practice
Management from Staffordshire University and also holds a Bachelor of
Science Degree in Computing and Information Systems (2004) from the
University of London. She is a member of the Law Association of Trinidad
and Tobago and was admitted to practise in Trinidad and Tobago in 2008.
She is also a Director of the Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society.
Cintra has been very active in Internet Governance and ICT4D issues in
the Caribbean, and participated in the Civil Society Forum of the Summit
of the Americas.

I hope you all will accept this nomination as I think she's really a
great candidate and will certainly bring a fresh perspective as well as
added diversity and value to the work of the NomCom.

Jacqueline