[lac-discuss-en] declaration Brazil Internaut

sylvia at internautabrasil.org sylvia at internautabrasil.org
Tue Jun 16 15:00:00 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: declaration Brazil Internaut
From: sylvia at internautabrasil.org

Dear companions,

In the teleconferencing I yesterday committed myself to send a declaration
explaining the abstention from Brazil Internaut...

Here it is:

We know that ICANN from the beginning of the existence of the Thin ones has done and
it continues making great investments to make participate and listen to the voice
of the End users of Internet.

Also we know of the wonderful and untiring work that the president of
ALAC, Cheryl, comes making.

Our abstention in the voting made in the Teleconferencing, was
the fear of the nonpossibility of participating in the Meetings of ICANN in his
totality when these are made in our region. Since we considered of
vital importance of participating nonsingle in the General Assembly like of
factories that are organized, as well as of the Public Forum; being this the only one
opportunity to interact with the Board.

And this fear is founded:

1) in the reality of year 2008, when the LACRALO could not make his
General assembly not to be specifically solicitd to be including
in the budget of that year.

2) In the reading of page 7 of the following document,
http://www.icann.org/en/topics/travel-support/draft-travel-support-guideline
s-27may09-en.pdf

3) and by vague commentary-answer given by Kevin Wilson when him
I commented on our preoccupation in the sense that the representatives
of the single ALSs they would have the opportunity to participate in the Assemblies
Generals and not of the totality the meeting when these are made in
our region. As you can see in:
https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?draft_fy10_operating_plan_and_budget_11_
june_2009

Rereading the document
http://www.atlarge.icann.org/files/atlarge/alac-travel-policy-for-volunteers
-24mar09-en.pdf, we see that these points are being consideredreason why
Brazil internaut retires the abstention to the document showedyesterday, 15 of
June in the monthly teleconferencing of the LACRALO. And we supported the document
proposed by the president of Alac, Cheryl Langdon-Orr, referring to
support of trips for the voluntary members of ALAC.

Immediately,

Sylvia Herlein Leite

Brazil Internaut

[[--Original text (es)