[lac-discuss-en] teleconferencing of Kevin

sylvia at internautabrasil.org sylvia at internautabrasil.org
Fri Jun 12 10:47:38 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: teleconferencing of Kevin
From: sylvia at internautabrasil.org

In the teleconferencing of yesterday 11/06/09, Kevin explained by during about 40
minutes all the operative Plan for the next fiscal period that will enter
vigor, after being approved by the Board in Sydnet, the 1/07/09to
30/06/10. Commenting the differences with the effective budget and porqué
of the introduced changes.

At the moment of the questions, I asked about the possibility of beingable
to count on new tecnologiías and/or services of support for example so that
LACRALO can solicit in case of needing it one more a teleconferencing by
month to discuss some excellent subject between the community and/or for when it is
opened a period of commentaries; and thus to express the opinion of all
community and not hardly of the ALS in separated form.

Kevin responded to me that that is predicted although not of immediateform!

I also asked to him on the services of remote participation the ICANN
meeting that until the moment has been quite inefficient by problems
technological as it were proven it in the meetings of New Delhi and Mejico. A
what responded that also they are working in that.

Finally, but less important I did not comment our preoccupation to himon
the announced thing in page 7 of the Rough draft of Politicas of trip where
they try to organize single regional meetings of 1 or 2 days so that
the representatives of the ALSs participate, to deal with inherent subjects a
the ALSs and not to invite to these representatives to the ICANN meetings "
normal "that 5 /6 days like means last to lower the price of costs. I did inpapié
in the importance of which all the representatives ademas of participating in
the General Assemblies, when they go to a ICANN Meeting have
possibility that of interiorizar itself in all the subjects inwhich it is asked for to us
an opinion like community of end users, participating in factories
very interesting as for example he were it in Mexico the one of Phishing and fraud
electronic; and like participating in the public Forum the last day of the meeting
(like a unique opportunity to communicate to us with the Boarddirectly).

The answer was in open and that would be discussed next to the staff, with
"Nick and its equipment" to see how the budget could be taken advantage of better
assigned to the AT-Large...

To inclusively I confirmed him that I would return to do thesesame ones
preguntas/comentarios in remote form in Sydney!

My conclusion is: all the ALSs we must pronounce so that ours
representatives who go to Sydney are able to change to this situation and not us
let us be excluded to participate in the real world of ICANN. Sylvia Herlein
Leite

Brazil Internaut

[[--Original text (es)
http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/e814bc66a7.html