[lac-discuss-en] [governance] Obama on security, net neutrality, civil liberties and privacy

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Mon Jun 1 10:37:19 CDT 2009

 It depends on where you stand vis-a-vis the post-JPA future for
ICANN, isn't it?

Truth be told, I have always been skeptical of an ICANN future without
JPA or some successor different only in name.  I figured the route
would have been paved by invoking the broad security interests of the
US cohabited in a JPA or some such formulation.

The mutterings you hear from Brussels is a preemptive strike against
and is reflection of the European discomfort on subject.

The week that was confirmed my own thinking; the plan is in play.

Carlton