[lac-discuss-en] Updates and New Features on www.atlarge.icann.org

ICANN AtLarge Staff staff at atlarge.icann.org
Fri May 22 05:57:34 CDT 2009

Dear Community:

We thought we would advise you of several improvements to the community website at http://www.atlarge.icann.org which we hope that you will find useful.

Improvements to the At-Large Policy Advice Development Schedule

The first menu item on the left - "At-Large Policy Advice Development Schedule" - has been improved. It is now a one-stop-shop to find out:
* If a draft statement is moving through the approval process in the community, what is it, the various deadline dates assigned to it and when the statement will be approved;
* If community members are At-Large focal points in working group or other processes in other parts of the ICANN community, who they are and what they are involved in can easily be seen;
* What working groups are active in At-Large, where to find each working group homepage, and who the staff focal point is.

This is a dynamic document which we update whenever needed - if you see something missing, please send us a note at staff at atlarge.icann.org. We recommend you bookmark it or set it as an RSS feed.

A new Opinions block on the homepage

A few weeks ago, we advised the community that it was possible for RSS-enabled blogs and news sources to be aggregated and asked members of the community to submit their blogs, or other resources they thought relevant, so we could link them to this feature. We haven't had too many responses yet, but there is now a block on the front page labelled 'Opinions' where you can see the information sources that we have so far. We encourage you to send more sources. Of course, all information and opinions presented are those of the authors, and not of ICANN.

Updates to the 'Current Issues' section

One of the horizontal menu options ("Current Issues") has new information available. It is now the place to find:

 *   Links to the working groups in At-Large;
 *   Easy access to multilingual Policy Issue Briefs - brief narrative descriptions in an easy-to-read format that introduces the reader to topical subjects;
 *   At-Large Issue Briefs - this new feature is where you'll find issue descriptions of issues developed by the At-Large community itself.
 *   Informational Briefs produced for the At-Large Summit.
 *   Recordings of Audio Briefings - the At-Large staff regularly arranges hour-long briefings on topical issues, designed to help facilitate a common level of understanding on issues that arise in the ICANN community. You'll find the recordings of each here.
 *   A link to subscribe to the monthly Policy Update - available in six languages, this is a monthly summary of activities across the ICANN policy communities. You can receive it in the language of your choice by subscription from the link in the Policy Issue Briefs section.

We hope that all these are helpful to all of you. Of course, any suggestions or concerns are most welcomed - at staff at atlarge.icann.org.

Nick Ashton-Hart, Heidi Ullrich, Matthias Langenegger, Gisella Gruber-White, Marie-Helene Bouchoms
ICANN At-Large Staff
email: staff at atlarge.icann.org