[lac-discuss-en] [GTLD-WG] IRT Report Draft Now Available

carlos aguirre carlosaguirre62 at hotmail.com
Thu Apr 30 08:25:33 CDT 2009

I completelly agree with Evan, the IRT is full of IP lawyers and them not necesarily represent the user interests.

I have saying for long time, the IP and trademarks have nothing to do with Domain Names, this is very clear and is unanimously recognized by all people around the world.

In this order, I proposed, and we (ALAC) made a statement in Paris, or at least we talked about this, ICANN Board would make a resolution where it say: UDRP are "out", or something like this. With this we eliminate conflicts between trademarks and Domain Names.

The registrant of any domain name if was the first is the domain name owner, and no more. Sounds easy, and is in reality very easy. Who is the complainant in a URDP process, only big companies or enterprises with commercial interests, not the end users.

So, if this companies with enormous budgets have no the intelligence to register the domain name or verify this previously to register their trademark, I'm sorry . Is not a problem of end users who registered the domain name prior than this.

With this we will eliminate not only the conflicts, a lot of many US dollars in lawyers fees also. Obviously This possition will be attacked by IP lawyers, but if this possition would be taken the situation and budget of end users will be better because will not necessary to fight in order to retain his domain name acquired in legal form and first in the time.

My possition is based in the idea that the enterprises have in relation with end users, a big asimetry information, economic and juridic , what give in their favor (commercial interests) more probabilities to achieve possitive results.

Surely my possition would be improved, with more discussion, effort and time. this is that I think from long time ago

sorry to be late in my comments, but it seems to me very important to have this in our account.

Carlos Dionisio Aguirreabogado - Sarmiento 71 - 4to. 18 Cordoba - Argentina -
*54-351-424-2123 / 423-5423
www.derechoytecnologia.com.ar
http://ar.ageiadensi.org