[lac-discuss-en] =?iso-8859-1?q?Proceso_de_selecci=F3n_para_el_CE = =?iso-8859-1?q?O_de_ICANNs_y_el_presidente =

andrespiazzagpj at hotmail.com andrespiazzagpj at hotmail.com
Tue Apr 21 12:12:26 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?q?Proceso_de_selecci=F3n_para_el_CE = =?iso-8859-1?q?O_de_ICANNs_y_el_presidente =
From: andrespiazzagpj at hotmail.com

Thank you very much, considered.

Cristian, I thank for the support to the initiative. Only for Recordarte that Wolfgang Kleinwaechter in the list "Governance" is theperson who carried out the proposals, and Carlton only reenvió.

With respect to your doubt, the selection of the CEO of ICANN is faculty of the Board de Directores. But this does not clear that we pruned from ALAC-RALOs to have participation.

Daniel and Jose Luis, I believe that statement had directly to be wellshort and envoy to ALAC and the other Thin ones, so that in LACRALO wepruned to continue with the AGENDA.

As soon as we have seen if in all Community AT Large is an agreement or consensus, the document will be able to be extended and there without a doubt it will be a luxury to count on the contribution of Jurists of stature of you two, and of whom there are in the list.

It is more, I animate myself to propose a tentative paragraph, that seems to them?

"Regional AT Large de Latin Américan and Caribbean Organization, LACRALO:

1) Considering in consonancia with the declarations spilled in the World-wide Summit of Users of Internet celebrated in Mexico to the Transparency like one of the key points to reinforce in ICANN.

2) Recognizing that ICANN has had in his more than 10 years of life animportant level of transparency.

3) Conscious of the necessity of certain level of confidentiality in certain decision-making processes, like the selection of members of the Board of ICANN.

4) Doing hers the existing considerations respect to which the selections of CEO and President are Different from those from all the community.

It declares:

1) the importance of which the Participation of other estates of the Community of ICANN in the process of selection of the CEO.

2) the support to the existing proposal, so that in the next meeting of Sydney, the short list of preselected candidates can be invited to present/display their points of view on the operations of ICANN and their future, with some degree of availability for sessiones of questions and answers with the Community of ICANN.

Probably we need a translation to English the more official the one than I can offer. But in case that it is necessary, I do not have problems in providing it.

I wait for its warm commentaries, greetings,

Andrés Piazza
President of LACRALO

See how Windows® connects the people, information, and fun that plows part of your life
http://clk.atdmt.com/MRT/go/119463819/direct/01/

http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/bf9aa6e91c.html