[lac-discuss-en] =?iso-8859-1?q?Proceso_de_selecci=F3n_para_el_CE = =?iso-8859-1?q?O_de_ICANNs_y_el_presidente =

cetic at ajudicialmdp.org.ar cetic at ajudicialmdp.org.ar
Tue Apr 21 09:12:47 CDT 2009

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: Re: =?iso-8859-1?q?Proceso_de_selecci=F3n_para_el_CE = =?iso-8859-1?q?O_de_ICANNs_y_el_presidente =
From: to cetic at ajudicialmdp.org.ar

I agree with
Carlton in que hay poca  transparency in the procresos of
appointment and of the selection until now. Being important
construir confianza institutional in the future of
> > ICANN. Pregunto: where it exists material stops
to inform sobre el to me president into CEO?,  a the aims of
profundizar la difference given by Carlton cuando
refiere "que is different from an ordinary director de
ICANN".-

Also,  por nuestra part,
we agreed in which LACRALO could (by outside our agenda) emit
a Statement with this proposal
to be treated in the other RALO´s and ALAC. Count on
we for its processing.
CRISTIAN HOUSES
CETIC

> Carlton Thanks for the contribution.
> interesting Considero the proposal that Wolfgang makes in the last
paragraph
> of the mail that appointments, and I share its vision. So that its proposal
be reality
> was due to reunite the agreement of diverse constituencies and a part
ample
> of the ICANN community.
>
> By our part, I consider that LACRALO could (by outside
our agenda)
> to emit a Statement with this proposal to be treated in the others
RALO´s and in

Of: carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm

> > For Your Information.
> > Carlton Samuels
> >
> > sent message

Of: "Kleinwächter, Wolfgang" <
> &gt; wolfgang.kleinwaechter at medienkomm.uni-halle.de &gt;
> &gt; Date: 2009/4/17
> &gt; Subject: [ government ] CEO of ICANNs and president
> &gt;: governance at lists.cpsr.org
> &gt;
> &gt;
> &gt; Ready wanted
> &gt;
> &gt; since we know is a process in course to select/elect to the new CEO and
> &gt; President for ICANN.
> &gt;
> &gt; My knowledge for the moment is that they used to one
main company
> &gt; special of the hunting
> &gt; and a special committee of the card with five members
(ICANN directors,
> &gt; chaird close
> &gt; the ICANN chair) is taking care of the editing. To
less it has only little
> &gt; transparency in procress of the appointment and the selection
until now.
> &gt;
> &gt; During Mexico in the great summit we called for more
transparncy in ICANN
> &gt; procedures. I do not know what they are thinking others
members of the list but my
> &gt; the understanding is that at least he would be a little
transparency in
> &gt; process
> &gt; important to construct to confidence and institutional confidence in elfuturo of
> &gt; ICANN. I understand very well - like previous associate chair of the NomCom -
> &gt; that some elements of the process must be handled of one
way
> &gt; confidential.
> &gt; Nevertheless the CEO& president is different from a director
ordinary of
> &gt; ICANN and
> &gt; would be beneficial for the whole community and the several districts
electoral
> &gt; that - in a form or another one - is informed and partly also
implied inside
> &gt; the process.
> &gt;
> &gt; My understanding of the schedule is that one until the meeting
of Sydney there
> &gt; is shortlist and after the Sydney that satisfies to
card does his
> &gt; to the card chooses to the CEO of decision.The.
> &gt;
> &gt; an idea to improve and to heighten confidence and the transparency
it could be that one
> &gt; during
> &gt; the Sydney forthconing that satisfies the candidates put in
list
> &gt; reduced invites a
> &gt; present its opinions and visions in the operation of ICANNs ysu
future. They
> &gt; if he is available also for the sessions of
Q&A for the community more
> &gt; ample of ICANN.
> &gt; In the great community is the body of legtimite to request such publich
> &gt; hearing. He would be very constant with which we called stops in
elATLAS
> &gt;

Declaration

Of Mexico.