[lac-discuss-en] Election Results for Chair and Secretariat in Mexico City

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Thu Mar 19 16:01:56 CDT 2009

Dear Colleagues:
As is disclosed by the official count and as Presiding Officer, I called the
election on the unofficial results that were incorrectly stated.  I have
consulted with DevNet and they are emphatic that their vote be counted.
Consequently and by the plain record, Andres Piazza of Ageia Densi Argentina
is returned as Chair of LACRALO for the period 2009 with the possibility to
be re-elected.

Since the election for the Secretariat was based on the outcome of the
election for Chair, the election for Secretariat is null and void.
Consequently, the election of Andres Piazza of Ageia Densi Argentina as
LACRALO Secretariat is set aside and new nominations are open.

I am declaring nominations for the post of Secretariat, LACRALO open as at
0000 hours UTC Friday, 20th March and ends at 2359 hours UTC Thursday 26th
March, 2009. Nominations must be made in the usual way to the LAC-DISCUSS
list.

Voting shall be online and will commence from 0900 Hours UTC Friday, 27th
March, 2009 and end at 1500 hours UTC on Friday, 3rd April, 2009.  Or as
soon as is reasonable, depending on Staff workload.

Kind regards,
Carlton Samuels