[lac-discuss-en] Draft LACRALO Statement for the Summit Declaration

Trinidad and Tobago Computer Society Admin admin at ttcsweb.org
Thu Mar 5 00:21:07 CST 2009

The draft statement looks good

Dev T

>------- Original Message -------
>From    : Carlton
Samuels[mailto:carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm]
>Sent    : 3/4/2009 9:02:13 PM
>To      : lac-discuss-en at atlarge-lists.icann.org
>Cc      : staff at atlarge.icann.org
>Subject : RE: [lac-discuss-en] Draft LACRALO
Statement for the Summit Declaration

 >Dear Colleagues:

As you would have seen, a capstone statement is
required from each
region for the Summit declaration.  I have developed
the following
draft for your advise and consent.  Please respond
ASAP with your
confirmations or changes.

Carlton
-----------------------------------

"LACRALO is truly pleased with the outcomes of this
first Summit of
Global At-Large.  It has confirmed that the At-Large
have common
concerns, common goals and even common ideas about
reaching them. This
experience has energized the membership to recommit
to the hard work
required to engage in the policy development process
which eventually
informs ICANN global policy perspectives. We seek
only to collaborate
with our brethren worldwide in this endeavor.  And we
trust our
participation will signal to ICANN stakeholders the
steadfast
commitment of the Latin America and Caribbean users
to our common
endeavors".