[lac-discuss-en] =?windows-1252?q?ALAC_2nd_Session_=96_Community =

presidencia at internauta.org.ar presidencia at internauta.org.ar
Tue Nov 4 13:33:21 EST 2008

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: =?windows-1252?q?ALAC_2nd_Session_=96_Community =
From: to presidencia at internauta.org.ar

Dear representing companions of LACRALO: podria some of you
to inform to us on the subjects treated in reunion of today 4 of November about
20087 in ALAC? I have wanted to enter and to be impossible to be able to see me or
to listen to nothing in marinates acrobat.
On the other hand I want to propose that both representing of the LACRALO they take
like mandate the nomination of Andres Piazza to be liasson of mobi (dot
mobi). if nobody is against this gustaria me that silence is interpreted
in this ocacion as an express mandate to our representatives onthis
point.
Envio in case they do not remember our companions the final document
on the "politicas of participation of ICANN" (badly called "the politicas ones
of trips"), which this but down, if some of our companions
it needs I can send it by electronic mail or e to it pdf
warm greetings
Sergio

POSITION OF LACRALO BEFORE THE NEW POLITICAS OF PARTICIPATION OF ICANN (
BADLY TRIP CALLS POLITICAS)

The participant organizations of the Civil Society of ICANN, we have taken
knowledge of the decision that has taken east organism to change the form
of PARTIPACION in the same one.

Who we formed part of organizations ALS we considered that
policy of trips has a close relationship with the participation of
Users of Internet in ICANN, reason why we rejected emphatically
decision that is that attempt to the policies and principles from ICANN and by
of Internet.

We talked about badly to called "the political ones of trips" ".

We understand that this is thus, so that this in game the fact not to travel,
but the total potentiality of participation of the civil society in this
organism.

We are convinced that the participation in ICANN implies the interaction
between governments, companies and users to be able to count on an organization
that it directs the destinies of Internet in right and democratic form.

We did not conceive but in this only sense the participation of the society
civilian like representatives of the end users of Internet, within
ICANN-Consideramos that ICANN has responded until now to the expectations
raised, opening to the participation of the OSC like part of aprocess
formativo that demands the incorporation of all the actors whoparticipate
in the life of Internet.

Therefore, every day, is more important obtaining than others
organizations are gotten up in the real decision making.

If a greater participation looks for they must surpass the limitations
that until now they make difficult the decision making. Although in
the present time meetings by teleconferencing, this one means are had of
communication is limited as opposed to the decision making from the ALS in
the actual meetings according to which they arrange our statutes.

It is imperative by virtue of the search of consensuses, that ICANN looks for others
average of reduction of costs.

We understand that one of them could be to trim the costs of
representation of the structures of governments, since well they could
to support the costs of participation based on the interests of each one
of the countries in taking part in the global policies of communication.

We are convinced that a this serious way solid and been worth of construction
policies you publish of each one of the states with respect tothe TICS,
prioritizing the transparency of management, economic independence, sovereignty
policy and the self-determination of the towns, like cannot bewaived norms
of the countries at the time of the confrontation of ideas andproposals that prioritize
the interests of all the humanity and the towns in individual.

It is important that the weakest sector is had the charge of in their participation, already
that in ICANN the fact that occurs two strong sectors participate from
economic (companies and governments) and one weak one (ALS), is necessary
to safeguard the rights of the majorities (the Users of Internet), that
they find as opposed to in a position of inequality the powerful ones.

The history of our region has demonstrated that the work to us between
different representative sectors from the democratic life, have affirmed
value of the plurality.

We do not understand the total and pertinent participation without thethree
valued estates of representation are seated in equality of
conditions and possibilities, that is to say, a true World-wide government of
Internet with egalitarian tripartite representation, between States, Companies
and End users of Internet.

He is why we insisted on the total participation of how until now
we have participated and we did not resign to the rights acquired in ICANN by
the Users of Internet.

They must be adopted political effective to avoid the concentration of
information and the decisions of the policies in ICANN. If fewhave
the possibility of controlling the information is not possiblea participation
total and pertinent.

We understand that the reduction in the possibility of participation of
End users of Internet conspire against the democratic system
established in ICANN. Since when restricting the plurality anddiversity that
it assures the total exercise the right to the information andparticipation of
the users a scene of social injustice is caused.

Those that it has more discuss and participate and those that less they have and more contribute
to the system they are outside the world of the debates and the construction of one
Internet better.

For these reasons we ratified ourselves in the search of a participation
egalitarian which it improves the fulfillment of the ICANN objectives and therefore
of the Users of Internet and we hoped that the decision is reverted in
please the real participation of the end users of Internet in this
structure of world-wide participation of the destinies of Internet.

2008/11/2 <jam at jacquelinemorris.com>
> > [ [ - - Translated text (in - &gt; is)--]] > > > Subject: =?windows-1252?q?ALAC_2nd_Session_=96_Community _ = > =?windows-1252?q?Leaders_Accountability_=26_Participation_Obligations = > Of: jam at jacquelinemorris.com > > > For that they can be interested in participating remotely, or in > to send > its ideas, commentaries etc in advance - > * the 04 of November of 2008 < > https://st.icann.org/alac/index.cgi?04_november_2008 &gt; > 0900- - 1030 * 2do /San Souci II * Session of ALAC - Startings of tape Of > the Community > Obligations Of the Responsibility and the Participation > > Jacqueline > * > > _______________________________________________ > > > > > [ [ - - Original text (in) > http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/31388ce36b.html > --]] > > > > > _______________________________________________ > lac-discuss-is mailing list > lac-discuss-es at atlarge-lists.icann.org > > http://atlarge-lists.icann.org/mailman/listinfo/lac-discuss-es_atlarge-lists.icann.org > > http://w!
 ww.lacralo.org >

http://mm2.icann.org/transbot_archive/b56c438b34.html