[lac-discuss-en] =?iso-8859-1?q?Resultado_de_la_votaci=F3n_en_el _ = =?iso-8859-1?q?LACRALO =

staff at atlarge.icann.org staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Oct 16 10:10:17 EDT 2008

[[--Translated text (es -> en)--]]

Subject: =?iso-8859-1?q?Resultado_de_la_votaci=F3n_en_el _ = =?iso-8859-1?q?LACRALO =
From: staff at atlarge.icann.org

Considered,

We want to present/display the result to them of the voting on the representative in
the advisory committee of reach (ALAC) that finished last Friday and to explain to them
the rules of the voting. The ordinary rules of procedure (ROP) of
LACRALO enumerate the rules that are applied in the votings of the assembly
general of the LACRALO. The general assembly consists of the total of the ALS
regional of which each one has a vote (12,1 ROP see)

They can unload the ROP of the LACRALO by means of the following connection:
https://st.icann.org/lacralo/index.cgi?ralo_organising_documents

Quorum:

According to rule 6 of the ROP, ³el quorum will consist of the simple majority
of the ALSs acreditadas.²
Of a total of 28 ALSs credited, 18 emitted their vote which means
valid result.

Voting

Rule 12,9 of the ROP of the LACRALO describes the calculation of the vote that
it applies to the votings of the general assembly:

12.9 The number of votes emitted to favor or against some motion will be
limited according to the following calculations in any assembly of
international nature:
a) The number from countries or territories to which all the members belong
of
Assembly will be the numerator.
b) the denominator will be 100.
c) the result of the division (a)/(b) will be multiplied percent.
d) To the result of 12.9(c) will talk about to him like the Maximum Percentage.
e) The votes emitted by the representatives of the ALSs that generally
be
domiciled in a country, they will not be able, of added way, to exceed
Percentage
Maximum. This calculation will be applied of separated way to the votes to favor and in
against of the motion.

With respect to the rule 12.9a), you will find a list with all
countries of the region with a ALS or but (see the attached document
³Doc-1-Overview-Membership-Countries-LACRALO.xls). 13 countries with a exist
except a ALS.

Nótense please that the terms ³numerador² and ³denominador² in the rule
12.9 a) and b) are not used of correct way, since the intention were
to assure an even-tempered ponderación the countries in the votings of
general assembly. For that reason, I finish of ³numerador² in a) would have to be
³denominador² and I finish ³denominador² in b) would have to be ³numerador².
In addition, 12 cs are not applied to the rule) because it would be ina ³Porcentaje
Máximo², to which one talks about in rule 12 d), of more than100%. It can
to obtain a Maximum Percentage simply dividing 100% by the total of
countries with at least one ALS. This takes us the following one I calculate:
100/13 = 7,69% where 7,69% represent the Maximum Percentage of the votes that
they can be emitted by ALL the delegates of a country (it see 12.9e). In
other words, the extreme total of the votes emitted in a single country no
it can exceed the 7,69% the total of the votes in the region.

In order to assure that no country exceeds the Maximum Percentage 7,69%, this one is
divided by the total number of ALSs national in each country of the region.
This calculation is in which we denominated ³Coeficiente Nacional². Nótense
that the National Coefficient changes from a country to another one based on the number
of ALSs in each country. In other words, if a country has 10 ALSs, the vote
of each ALS in that country it weighs less than the vote emitted by a ALS of
single country with a ALS. This mechanism assures that no country the region
the region can ³dominar².

Associate you will find a document with the National Coefficients
for each one of the countries of the region
(Doc-2-LACRALO-Country-Coeficients²)

The National Coefficient must be applied to the weighed vote (it do not see
attached document ³Doc-3-LACRALO-Voto-No-Ponderado²)

They will find the final result of this voting with the weighed votes
according to rule 12,9 of the attached ROP to this one message
(Doc-4-LACRALO-Result-end)

As result of the described process above, we can confirm that Carlos
Aguirre was reelected to the ALAC with 66,67% of the votes in favor.
Congratulations to Carlos!

Sincerely,

Nick Ashton-Hart, Matthias Langenegger
ICANN AT-Large Staff