[LAC-Discuss] "Conflict of Interest"?

Lance Hinds lhinds at gol.net.gy
Thu Oct 2 02:22:09 EDT 2008

Brothers and Sisters, Folks

On behalf on DevNet I must say that discussions on this matter and related
issues have taken what in our opinion is a rather ugly turn. It is this kind
of useless bickering in both our regions that has hindered our advancement
in the past and unfortunately continues to do in the present. Let us not
make more this complicated that it actually is. Jacqueline is right. Every
ALS has a right to nominate and elect whomever they wish. Certainly there
may be some healthy jockeying and horse trading for votes but it should
remain exactly and only that. Nothing more.

LACRALO was founded based on a fundamental concern that the policies and
practices of ICANN are not reaching the constituencies that many of us
represent. We surely have too much work to do in pursuance of our mandate to
be getting involved in this kind of degenerative activity. Let us move on.
There have been nominations, acceptance of those nominations and I believe
now a time period for ALSs to cast their vote. Let us do so and get about
our primary business. Again, let us move on.

Lance, Chairman, DevNet

Lance Hinds
Chief Technology Officer
BrainStreet Technologies