[LAC-Discuss] RES: enlace de ALAC al Board de ICANN - Board Liason - IMPORTANT & URGEN

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Fri Sep 26 16:36:36 EDT 2008

Nick:
We need to be mindful not to send mixed messages. As I recall, much was made
of the issue as to whether a liaison to the Board is duty-bound to forward
the views of ALAC as opposed to their individual position.  ALAC undoubtedly
believes that it is the ALAC's consensus that must be represented and not
the liaison's.

If this is ALAC's view, I can hardly see a difference between it and the
RALO insisting that their selected representatives to ALAC be solemnly bound
to reflect the views of the RALO at ALAC.

It is for this reason that when I wish to communicate my personal view, it
is represented at the view of my ALS and not LACRALO.

Carlton