[LAC-Discuss] Comments from U.S. Department of Commerce

Carlton Samuels carlton.samuels at uwimona.edu.jm
Thu Jul 31 16:53:17 EDT 2008

Dear Colleagues:
The United States Department of Commerce has responded to the request for
public comments from ICANN on mechanisms to improve public confidence in
ICANN.  See
http://www.ntia.doc.gov/comments/2008/ICANN_080730.html.

The final paragraph of the statement speaks to the IANA functions. I would
recommend that you carefully parse and understand it because I think it is
the definitive and authoritative statement of the strategic and political
position of the United States Government regarding Internet Governance.

Kind regards,
Carlton

Carlton A. Samuels
CIO & University Director of IT