[LAC-Discuss] ICANN San Juan Meeting Attendance and Visas - IMPORTANT!

ICANN At Large Staff staff at alac.icann.org
Sun Apr 8 06:01:59 EDT 2007

Dear Latin America & The Caribbean and North American ALS
representatives:

As you know, the next ICANN International Meeting is in San Juan,
Puerto Rico, from 25 - 29 June 2007.

There will certainly be funding for the North American region to
attend the San Juan meeting - more details about that will be
forthcoming later in April.

We want to do everything possible to make funding available for the
LAC Region to hold their first General Assembly in Lisbon, on Sunday,
27th June. It is unusual to have a region attend two ICANN
conferences in less than a year, but we all felt it was worthwhile to
bring LAC so that the first RALO GA could be held.

To that end, we are working on saving as much as possible on other
expenses, but it will still be very tight - so we cannot guarantee
that we will be able to bring everyone in for a face to face meeting,
for example; some might need to attend via remote video and audio
links, and some attend in person - we are aiming for every ALS to be
able to send a delegate - and we will know shortly.

What you should do RIGHT NOW though is begin the visa applications
proces!. It can take three months from beginning to end - and even if
an attendee does not get to come due to shortage of funds for the LAC
meeting, ICANN would still recompense you for the costs of the visa
application.

ALL LAC representatives are urged to review visa information at:
http://icannsanjuan.pr/visa.php URGENTLY. Note that there is a URL to
provide the information needed to get a letter of invitation - this
can be found at http://icannsanjuan.pr/invitation.php.

ICANN At Large
Main Tel: +44 (20) 8800-1011]
USA Tel: +1 (202) 657-5460