[LAC-Discuss] [At-Large] Preparing for Lisbon: Resolutions from At-Large to the larger community?

Vittorio Bertola vb at bertola.eu
Thu Mar 1 04:47:43 EST 2007

Nick Ashton-Hart ha scritto:
> Dear All:
>
> May I suggest to you that the At-Large community has a unique
> opportunity at the upcoming Lisbon meeting to  agree a few resolutions
> on key issues which are in the public and icann policy 'Eye' at the
> moment. With at least two RALO MoUs being concluded, and likely the
> European one too, the conference will have a big spotlight on the
> community.

I think that your suggestion is good.
I also think that we desperately need leadership to this effect.
Annette's illness is unfortunate, and we need someone to write down a
todo list with actions and deadlines, force people to sign up for items,
and push them until they deliver on time. And we need it now, if we want
to make it by Lisbon.
As all volunteer groups, this is an individual-driven effort, so I would
suggest that any of us who feels like doing it, and especially those who
would like to serve as Vice Chairs, takes this task upon him/her.
(I mean - I can do it if you wish, but we really need to create new
leadership, not rely on the old one...)
--
vb.                   Vittorio Bertola - vb [a] bertola.eu   <--------
-------->  finally with a new website at http://bertola.eu/  <--------