[Finance-sc] ICANN 60 Budget Working Group Sessions

Planning planning at icann.org
Thu Sep 14 19:59:19 UTC 2017

Dear Community Members,

We would like to bring to your attention the sessions we are currently planning to host or offer at ICANN 60 pertaining to finance topics.

Budget Working Group

In response to your feedback, we are moving the Budget Working Group to morning and working lunch time slots. This moves the session away from an evening block which created many conflicts and low participation due to networking events. To address scheduling conflicts that may persist, we are breaking up the session into two parts so you may attend the segment you feel is most appropriate. (Details will follow in the next couple weeks)

Budget Working Group Part 1

1030-1200

-Review and Q&A on: FY17 Results, FY19 Changes to process/timeline, PTI/IANA Highlights, Reserve Fund

Budget Working Group Part 2

1 November 2017 (pending confirmation)

1200-1400

-Working Lunch and In-Depth Discussion on: Funding Projections FY19, Financial Planning

Budget Basics Session

We are also adding a session to cover budget and planning basics for those not as familiar or involved in the process.

ICANN Budget Basics (Working Title)

30 October 2017 (Pending Confirmation)

1500-1615

SO/AC Visits

Lastly, we would like to offer visits from the Finance Team to your group on the topics below. If you would like to have a representative from Finance present to your group on either of these topics, please email planning at icann.org<mailto:planning at icann.org> with your preferred date and time so that we may coordinate.

   1.   Financial Planning (15 Min)- Long term financial planning and role of Board/Community/Organization
   2.   Billing Process Update (Registries/Registrars)

   Thank you for your ongoing involvement and participation. While these sessions are still being finalized, I will send details as soon as they are available. We look forward to a productive time with you at ICANN 60.

   Jessica Castillo

   Operations & Project Coordinator

   ICANN | Human Resources & Finance Departments

   P: (310) 301-3897 (Direct) | M: (424) 316-9545

   E: jessica.castillo at icann.org<mailto:jessica.castillo at icann.org> | www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org/>

   12025 Waterfront Drive, Ste 300, Los Angeles, CA 90094