[Finance-sc] ACTION FOR FBSC MEMBERS: Note to send to your respective RALOs
Heidi.Ullrich at icann.org
Thu Dec 24 22:25:04 UTC 2015
Dear FBSC Members,
As agreed during the FBSC Meeting on Monday, 21 December, please see below a suggested note that the FBSC Members are requested to send to their respective RALO list at their earliest convenience:
The FY17 Special Community Request process has started. This process pertains to a dedicated part of the overall ICANN annual budget that is set aside to fund specific requests from the community for activities that are not already included in the recurring ICANN budget. FY17 Special Community Requests cover the period 1 July 2016 through 30 June 2017.
The relevant information is available on the At-Large FY17 Budget Development Workspace<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY17+Budget+Development+Workspace>, including the key deadlines, details of the process, principles and the request template.
IMPORTANT: The members of the ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee (FBSC) have agreed to the following criteria for At-Large proposals:
* Outreach should not be a major focus. Activities to improve engagement with existing members is encouraged.
* If any request is made on outreach, it should probably go through the CROPP program and not this special request process.
* Proposals should include ways in which will make the ALAC and/or the At-Large community more effective and develop the At-Large community.
* RALO requests must go through a bottom up process within their RALO prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.
* RALOs should consider the General Assembly/Summit timeline
* They must be explicitly supported by the RALO representative on the FBSC.
* Staff is currently expecting that basic resources for community communications/printing will be supported through the core ICANN budget, but that community proposals for printing , etc. will be accepted as a back-up in case expectations change. Specific proposals for communications resources beyond simple printing and editing functions should be prepared and submitted.
IMPORTANT: Between 4 January and 22 January the RALOs are asked to review any ALS request or complete a template on behalf of the RALO and send requests to At-Large Staff<mailto:staff at atlarge.icann.org>.
Senior Director for At-Large
Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers (ICANN)
Telephone: + 1 (310) 578 - 8647
Fax: +1 (310) 823 - 8649
Mobile: +1 (310) 437 - 3956
ICANN Website: www.icann.org<http://www.icann.org/>
At-Large Website: alac.icann.org<http://alac.icann.org/>
More information about the Finance-sc