[Finance-sc] FY16 Budget request results

Alan Greenberg alan.greenberg at mcgill.ca
Wed Apr 29 17:55:37 UTC 2015

The results of the FY16 community budget requests are now available
and can be found at
https://www.icann.org/en/system/files/files/community-requests-fy16-28apr15-en.docx.
A PDF is attached for your convenience. Our requests start at the
bottom of page 10.

In summary, the ALAC/At-Large got a lot of what we were asking for,
but not without several disappointments.

- We do have one decision that we must make. Specifically, we have
approval for just one of the the General Assembly request from EURALO
and NARALO, and the ALAC will need to decide which will be held in FY16.

- We do have approval for both of the ALAC requests to start meetings
on Saturday and to have the new ALAC meet during the Friday after the
AGM meeting.

- The Indigenous Mentorship program was turned down, but with
positive words for FY17.

- The capacity building program in under-served regions was also turned down.

- The Marrakech GA was turned down in favour of the GAC High Level
meeting, but with support for a GA in FY17.

- Two IGW workshops were approved, but not the Town Hall meeting
(although something may come of that later).

Alan