[Finance-sc] At-Large GA, Summit and other events roadmap

tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org tijani.benjemaa at fmai.org
Tue Feb 7 14:41:38 UTC 2012

Dear Olivier,

I tried to make a projection for the RALOs’ GAs and the Summit, and found it
very difficult to have a regular and periodic schedule since the venue
regions of ICANN meetings doesn’t have a fixed period.

I made a trail over 12 years (2012-2023), and found that we can have a GA
per RALO every 3 to 4 years, and a summit each 7 years.

This estimation is based on the following assumptions:

·         During a summit, all RALOs will hold their GA, so when we have a
summit, we have 5 GAs at the same time.

·         All the Gas and summits are held during the ICANN International
Open meetings

·         Each GA is held in the region of the specified RALO

I hope this can help for the Roadmap.

Tijani BEN JEMAA

Executive Director

Mediterranean Federation of Internet Associations

Phone : + 216 70 825 231

Mobile : + 216 98 330 114

Fax     : + 216 70 825 231