[Finance-sc] ALAC Finance and Budget sub-Committee

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Dec 23 10:56:32 UTC 2011

Dear all,

the last conference call of the ALAC Finance and Budget (F&B)
sub-committee was rather poorly attended and I realise that one of the
reasons for this poor attendance is the confusion of members of this
sub-committee not knowing if they are still members.
The choice is actually yours if you wish to remain on the committee. We
wish to have a well distributed committee that reflects the interests of
all regions, so we welcome you to remain on the committee. Your
experience with last year's process will help in shaping this year's
process, with a timetable that is even tighter than last year: all
requests for funding need to be received by ICANN Finance by 20th
January 2012, which means that we need to make sure that RALOs get their
requests to us by 10th January. I therefore think that a good dialogue
with regions is important and there is no better dialogue than having
individuals leading the regions also involved in the ALAC F&B sub-committee.
If you are receiving this email, please be so kind to respond to
staff at atlarge.icann.org to confirm your interest in remaining active on
the committee. If you are not interested in remaining involved then
please also reply to staff at atlarge.icann.org as soon as possible so that
we can ask your region for a replacement.

The committee should have at least one ALAC member from each region, as
well as one member from each RALO. At the moment, several members of the
committee are departing ALAC members and their vacant seat (as an ALAC
member) will need to be filled. This does not mean that you need to
leave the F&B sub-committee, quite the contrary: you can continue acting
in the best interests of your region.
I have a list of all members at hand and will be contacting ALAC members
of regions having lost their ALAC member on the ALAC F&B sub-committee
directly and individually for them to choose a replacement.
I will also be contacting RALO leaderships directly to fill our regional
balance gaps once they appear (after you confirm your membership) by
asking regional leaderships to suggest volunteers with a good knowledge
of the process (from last year's experience) or a good knowledge in
budgeting & finance processes, for our future interactions with ICANN
Finance.

Thank you for your attention.

Happy holidays,

Olivier