[EURO-Discuss] Topics for EURALO Round Tables

Natalia Filina filinafilka at gmail.com
Mon Jul 15 15:42:46 UTC 2024

Dear Euralo members,
As you have heard during our last monthly meeting, we are planning a new
round of EURALO Round-Table meetings to discuss topics related to ICANN,
Internet governance issues with a EUROPEAN regional focus (or global
updates important for European Internet end users).
We ask you to suggest topics, as well as speakers with the arguments
(proofs) of the speaker's professional expertise.
There are no deadlines to this work, we are always interested in finding
and supporting interesting discussions for our community.
You may send your suggestions to this mailing list (better to discuss it
together).

Let me start and suggest topics:

   - *NIS2 - different approaches to interpretation and explanation. *
   - *The domain market in Europe - the dynamics of development, recent
   research* (I suggest one of the speaker -  Simone Catania, based on the
   latest presented research THE TOP 10 CCTLDS POWERING THE EUROPEAN DOMAIN
   MARKET)
   - *Universal Acceptance -  the degree of the problem for the European
   region*
   - *DNS abuse - who is responsible to solve the problem?*
   - *IPV6 - deployment in progress* (I guess experts from the RIPE
   community will help us) in Europe and in the world.
   - *ICANN involvement - Youth in action's -* new expertise, opportunity,
   challenges and successful story - I suggest participating with our NextGen
   and Fellow Euralo and At-Large community members.
   - *Internet Governance summer schools - dynamics after pandemic years*
   (I guess representatives from European (and others?) regions may exchange
   and we may see differences in approaches.

@Sebastien Bachollet <sebicann at bachollet.fr>  maybe we may ask @ICANN
At-Large Staff <staff at atlarge.icann.org> to create a wiki page with a list
of suggested topics and with fields of comments? It might be easier to
follow the stream and understand the chosen topics and calendar of EURALO
round tables?
I may coordinate the work from my side.

Sincerely,
Natalia Filina

Secretary of EURALO
https://atlarge.icann.org/alses/euralo

ALAC Subcommittee on Outreach and Engagement, Co-Chair,
REGIONAL OUTREACH LIAISON MENTOR AND TRAINER

DotDucky <https://dotducky.com/> owner 🐣

+7 906 722 54 61
Moscow, Russia