[EURO-Discuss] [Ext] Links/documents ** Please read ** EURALO Rules of procedures

Oksana Prykhodko sana.pryhod at gmail.com
Fri May 26 10:23:52 UTC 2023

Dear Sébastien,

Thank you very much for your letter.

I will do my best to send you my specific comments on some articles of RoP
today or on Monday.

I am sure that this version of RoP is unacceptable and I would be happy to
participate in the editorial team.

There are the links to the documents I referred to:

- ICANN Bylaws https://www.icann.org/resources/pages/governance/bylaws-en

- ALAC Rules of Procedure
https://community.icann.org/m/mobile.action#page/2262672

Could you please send me the links to other documents YOU are referring to?

Reactions to your answers.

(In purple - your, Sebastien, comments)

1. As I say there is a need to evolve taking into account new needs. If it
is not in contradiction with the bylaws, it must be OK.

What is the procedure of taking new needs into account? Yes, I am
absolutely sure that we have to take such new needs into account (first of
all in time of war), but I am extremely against the proposed approach.

2. And duties.

Absolutely agree. RoP can grant additional rights and duties for EURALO
members, but can't limit their rights.

3. Only one question - is it OK? (about the number of comments and
questions)

4. As explained above those ROP were build to have ROP and to included ALS
mobilisation WG conclusions.

Could you please send me the link to this document?

5. About repetitions (with distortion) and contradictions in the textes
(your comments was I don’t see that but if it is the case we have the range
of document by importance).

Could you please let me know about this range?

6. About the structure (your comment Why it must have been on the same
structure.). I did not say that AoA and RoP have to have the same
structure. I just would like to understand the logic of the structure of
RoP. RoP is an extremely important document for EURALO, and I am sure that
we have to devote more time to discuss it.

7. On additional rights to the EURALO Members (AoA, Atr 7.5.1). Your
comment - It was not the goal this time. And we didn’t get any suggestion
during the comment time.

Can I understand you that the goal this time was to give additional rights
to the EURALO Chair?

About suggestion during the comment time - any force majeure?

I need more time because of force majeure in my country.

8-9. Consensus, supermajority, rough consensus, the way we are taking a
decision

These are the primarily issues of the RoP (which decisions demand
consensus, how it can be achieved, what to do in the case of the absence of
the consensus, and so on).

10. As for the ROP if EURALO need such document.

Any doubts?

11. Regarding a conflict-of-interest. If the Chair has a
conflict-of-interest in regard to the situation, the Secretariat is
empowered to replace the Chair in this capacity.

And what to do if the Secretariat has a conflict-of-interest?

12. Ombudsman role - Here it is indicated that it is possible way of action
by the chair using the Ombuds mediation capability

What does it mean - the Ombuds mediation capability?

13. In war time, EURALO Chair may, after thirty (30) days advance written
notice, change the status of an ALS from a full membership to Inactive
Status (ie. not able to cast votes , exercise rights and obligations under
ALS membership)

Really? This is not the question for the Ombudsman, this is the question
for lawyers.

Kind regards,
Oksana