[EURO-Discuss] EURALO Individuals elections

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Wed Dec 14 00:35:26 UTC 2022

Folks,

I realise that I might not have explained well enough during the teleconference earlier this evening what the problem is. I will try to be clearer now.

We have two tasks in the immediate future, to be completed before ICANN 76:

  *   comply with the rules recommended by the UIM-WP and approved by ALAC
  *   elect the leadership team (i.e. Chair and Board of the EURALO Individual Users Association

As I tried to explain, we must decide in which order we do things: if we elect the leadership first, it is the new leadership who will deal with the compliance with the new rules. The difference is that, since the new rules require inter alia the submission of an SOI and the subscription to the EURALO Discuss mailing list (this one), if we enforce the rules first the individuals who do not comply will not be allowed to vote for the leadership. If, OTOH, we allow a grace period to achieve compliance we can elect the leadership more quickly allowing all current members to vote, regardless whether they are in full compliance with the new rules.

I will ask this question to the EURALO Individuals mailing list to get a sense of the room, but believe that this decision is really an EURALO Board decision.

Cheers,
Roberto