[EURO-Discuss] 12th RIGF

Roberto Gaetano roberto_gaetano at hotmail.com
Wed Aug 24 20:51:42 UTC 2022

Dear all,

the Russian IGF is going to take place in about a month - see https://rigf.ru/en/.

Initially, it should have taken place in spring, but it has been postponed for obvious reasons.

I am sure that there will be a strong discussion about participating or not, I can see arguments for and against. Please note that the planned date is after ICANN75, so I am sure that there will be some discussion there, but maybe we can get already the ball rolling and hear about the different opinions.

As a disclosure, I have attended many of the previous editions, a couple of times even in person, because I am particularly interested in what happens in Eastern Europe, and I am planning to attend this one - obviously only remotely. IMHO, it is important to hear, even more in these “interesting” times, how will the debate unfold at the RIGF. I must say that in past editions there have been some critical voices speaking up in the sessions - whether this is at all possible in the changed scenario, is all to be seen.

Cheers,
Roberto