[EURO-Discuss] 2021 EURALO Regional Selections (Secretariat)

Frédéric Taes frederic.taes at isoc.be
Tue May 11 19:33:53 UTC 2021

Dear Professor Doctor Schweighofer,

Thank you to recognize that Natalia Filina made a good job. I would say wonderful job.
About some opinion she expressed in her private life, you wrote " Thus, we should ask N.F. about her position on that. ".

IMHO, it would be the last thing to push her into such a huge fault by asking her to mix her personal and/or historical political views with her role in EURALO. Fortunately, she has never made such a mistake, another of her asset, thank you for pointing that out.
There are other places than EURALO / ICANN At-Large to debate these topics.

Best Regards,
Frederic Taes
President ISOC.be

Le 11/05/21 09:19, « EURO-Discuss au nom de SCHWEIGHOFER Erich Prof. Dr. Dr.. via EURO-Discuss » <euro-discuss-bounces at atlarge-lists.icann.org au nom de euro-discuss at atlarge-lists.icann.org> a écrit :

    I think that the N.F. has done a good job, promoting topics and those she considers important. As secretary, she has the discretion to do that, in co-operation with the Chair.

    As a former NomCom member, I do a routine job on checking details.
    Here, I am worried that she shows - on her face book account - great enthusiasm about the great victory of the Communists in the 2nd World War without mentioning war crimes of the Red Army and the Secret Services of the USSR. That is strongly questionable.
    Thus, we should ask N.F. about her position on that. Every nation after this War hat its share on crimes, some minor, other extreme (Nazi Germany, with strong involvement of Austrians), and some both: great engagement (thank you), but also serious war crimes. A strong statement is sufficient for me.
    Best regards,
    Erich Schweighofer

    SCHWEIGHOFER Erich                       ao. Univ.-Prof. Mag. rer.soc.oec. Dr. iur. Dr. rer.soc.oec.            (freigestellt für die Europäische Kommission,
    Rue de la Loi 130, 1040 Brussel BE, erich.schweighofer at ec.europa.eu, Tel. (Skype) +32 2 29 52283)    Rechtsinformatik an der Uni-Wien
    RI at uni.wien        ARI Arbeitsgruppe Rechtsinformatik, Juridicum, Universität Wien  Vorsitz: iris-conferences.eu   VölkerR at IRI§    EuR at IRI§  Präsident:      WZRI    LII-Austria     CEILI    RI@    ADRI
    Institut für Europarecht, Internationales Recht und Rechtsvergleichung (auch Abteilung für Internationales Recht)
    Schottenbastei 10-16/2/5, 1010 Wien AT, Tel. +43 1 4277 35305 (Anrufbeantworter)
    https://rechtsinformatik.univie.ac.at, https://rechtsinformatik.ACADEMY, https://iris-conferences.eu, https://wzri.eu
    office at rechtsinformatik.ACADEMY; office at iris-conferences.eu; rechtsinformatik at univie.ac.at; Erich.Schweighofer at univie.ac.at

    Bitte um Teilnahme und Beiträge:
    IRI§22 https://iris-conferences.eu, 23.-26.02.22, Salzburg & IRI§ Zoom Conference Space     Archiv der Beiträge: Weblaw, Bern   jusletter-it.eu
    JURIX2021 (Website folgt), Beiträge bis 01.09.21
    Jusletter IT http://jusletter-it.eu      Schriftenreihe Arbeitsgruppe Rechtsinformatik, rechtsinformatik.ACADEMY & IRIS-Journal: https://irisj.eu    PHAIDRA