[EURO-Discuss] IMPORTANT: FY20 Additional Budget Process has started
ICANN At-Large Staff
staff at atlarge.icann.org
Thu Nov 15 19:48:29 UTC 2018
This message is to announce that the FY20 Additional Budget Request (ABR) process has started.
This process pertains to a dedicated part of the overall ICANN annual budget that is set aside to fund specific requests from the community for activities that are not already included in the recurring ICANN budget. FY20 Additional Budget Requests cover the period 1 July 2019 through 30 June 2020.
The relevant information is available on the At-Large FY20 Additional Budget Request Workspace<https://community.icann.org/display/atlarge/At-Large+FY20+Budget+Development+Workspace>, including the key deadlines, details of the process, principles and the request template.
IMPORTANT: Maureen Hilyard, the Chair of the ALAC Finance and Budget Sub-Committee (FBSC), has suggested the following criteria for At-Large proposals:
* Proposals should include ways in which will make the entire At-Large community more effective and develop the At-Large community rather than a single section of the At-Large community.
* Outreach should not be a major focus. Activities to improve engagement with existing members is encouraged.
* If any request is made on outreach, it should go through the CROP program or as a part of a larger ALAC request for RALO Discretionary Funding.
* RALO requests should be strategic and in line with their RALO's strategic outreach plans and must be endorsed by their RALO prior to being submitted for consideration by the FBSC.
* Staff is currently expecting that basic resources for community communications/printing will be supported through the core ICANN budget, but that community proposals for printing , etc. will be accepted as a back-up in case expectations change. Specific proposals for communications resources beyond simple printing and editing functions should be prepared and submitted.
IMPORTANT: The RALOs, working with their 2018-2019 FBSC Members, are asked to review any ALS request or complete a template on behalf of the RALO. Once they are endorsed by the RALO, please send requests to At-Large Staff by 4 January 2019.
The 2018-2019 Members of the FBSC will begin reviewing applications on 7 January 2019.
ICANN Policy Staff in support of the At-Large Community
-------------- next part --------------
An HTML attachment was scrubbed...
More information about the EURO-Discuss