[EURO-Discuss] Stéphane van Gelder

Veni Markovski veni at veni.com
Tue Mar 27 10:29:30 UTC 2018

Such a sad news...
On behalf of ISOC - Bulgaria, and from me personally, deepest condolences
to his close ones.

So sorry to hear this ;-(

On Mon, Mar 26, 2018 at 16:57 Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond <ocl at gih.com> wrote:

> Dear Colleagues,
>
> it is with immense sadness that I have to relay the news of the death of
> Stéphane van Gelder which occurred abruptly over the week-end. Indeed,
> after the San Juan meeting, Stéphane went to Italy for a well earned
> holiday. He had a motorcycle accident.
>
> Some of us might know him from having worked with him on the Nominating
> Committee, which he chaired in 2015 (Oct 2014 to Oct 2015) and 2016 but
> also as a member in other years. Some of you might have known him when he
> was Chair of the Generic Names Supporting Organisation (GNSO) Council in
> 2010 and 2011. It was then, that I got to know him as I was ALAC Chair at
> the time.
> Stéphane was not the kind of person who took to a position and did nothing
> with it. He liked challenges and led many improvements in all of the
> positions that he held. He was also not scared of intervening when he felt
> something was wrong in a process or a system.
> Having founded a Registry in the late nineties, Stéphane sold it and
> remained a consultant and businessman in recent years, also becoming one of
> EURALO's first individual members (after he actually asked me whether in my
> view, that was suitable or not).
> He will definitely be missed.
>
> Olivier

Best regards,
Veni
http://veni.com

***
The opinions expressed above
are those of the author, not of
any organizations, associated
with or related to him in
any given way.
***

== Sent from my phone, so any spelling mistakes are caused by the
touchscreen keyboard. Also, that's the reason for using short words and
phrases.