[EURO-Discuss] Fwd: Re: Action Items: 2017-02-28 EURALO Monthly Teleconference"

Jean-Jacques Subrenat jjs at dyalog.net
Fri Nov 17 15:10:28 UTC 2017

Dear Olivier & All,

thank you Olivier for taking up the proposal I made more than a year ago, which was to assign some tasks to EURALO Board members, in line with the identified needs of EURALO. My proposal was prompted by the impression that whereas EURALO Chair and Secretary were doing a lot of work, the contribution of some others seemed less decisive. We need a Board which is representative, but also where the workload is fairly evenly distributed.

Bearing in mind the discussion which has taken place thus far on this thread, I would repeat my proposal, slightly re-worded:

1. Legal issues
2. Policy Development Lead
3. Communication Lead: this person should accept to lead the work on the EURALO website.

In my mind, relations with ALAC and the ALSs should be the responsibility of the Chair (or Vice Chair when s/he is not available), so I have deleted that aspect.

As for Communication Lead, at least one EURALO ALS has succeeded in setting up and updating a real communication effort towards its membership, as well as the functionalities and content of its website. The Board of the EURALO Individuals’ Association made a point of sending regular emails to members, as well as enriching the website with online news: Our Members in the News; Reports on meetings; Report on opinion poll; improving the Board page; writing thought pieces specifically for that website.

Best regards,
Jean-Jacques.