[EURO-Discuss] EURALO-RIPE MoU Draft - please comment

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Aug 9 20:34:01 UTC 2017

Dear EURALO members,

as you know, Wolf and I have been in discussions with RIPE NCC, Europe's
Regional Internet Registry (RIR), to follow the example of other regions
and build some better links between them and EURALO, including the
possible signing of a Memorandum of Association for further collaboration.
After a few meetings, RIPE has now come back to us with the attached
proposed MoU. Please be so kind to comment on the contents of the MoU.

I have passed this text by the EURALO Board and have received no
objection to present it as is to the EURALO membership. I have presented
this text during the last EURALO call and the following suggestion was
made to add the following text:
"The RIPE NCC and EURALO recognize the benefits of mutual collaboration
 and support between the Parties on Internet-related issues, including
but not limited to mutual cooperation to sustain the global stability of
 the Internet"

This text makes sense and received consensus support on the EURALO call.
Should there be no objection, I shall ask RIPE whether they would be
agreeable to add this text to the MoU.

The format and contents of the MoU are based on the MoUs of other RALO.
Do you suggest adding anything else to the text?

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Chair