[EURO-Discuss] German Internet Governance Forum IANA Transition

Annette Muehlberg egov at annette-muehlberg.de
Mon Sep 12 08:49:32 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I just want to let you know, that last friday we had a very interesting
German Internet Governance Forum in the City Hall of Berlin.

We had several panels eg. on  encoding values, on the policy on
cryptography, on potential regulation on the export of surveillance
soft- and hardware and on IANA-transition!

The ICANN CEO Tarek Kamel gave a key note; the discussion took place
with members of ISOC/IETF, the ICANN Board and the Cross Constiutency
Working Group on ICANN accountability, the ICANN GAC and a CC TLD registry.

The panel showed very well how difficult and at the same time extremly
interesting it is to find technical solutions that work, as well as
global policies and decicion making procedures on a global level, which
are democratic and robust enough to fight interventions of single states
and avoid the fragmentation of the internet.

And of course, we had the priveledge of a perfect moderator: Thank you,
Wolfgang (Kleinwächter).

Greetings

Annette

***

Annette Mühlberg

ver.di Bundesverwaltung, Ressort 1

Politik und Planung

Digitale Arbeit, Netzpolitik, E-Government

Leiterin der ver.di-Projektgruppe "Digitalisierung"

Postanschrift:

Annette Mühlberg, R 1

ver.di Bundesverwaltung

Paula-Thiede-Ufer 10