[EURO-Discuss] Follow-up to EURALO monthly call

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed May 18 18:32:54 UTC 2016

Dear all,

I am following up on yesterday's EURALO monthly call which you can
listen to from the agenda on: https://community.icann.org/x/kQqOAw

A segment of the call contained a discussion about EURALO selections.
The page with all candidates, their Statement, as well as responses to
questions I have asked on the EURALO mailing list is found at:
https://community.icann.org/x/XTeAAw

I need to highlight several points:

1. Sandra Hoferichter being the only candidate for the position of
Nominating Committee delegate selected by EURALO, participants on the
call have confirmed her "by acclamation".
As per our usual practice we are extending the call for objections to
the EURALO mailing list.
I am therefore launching a 48H consensus call on confirming Sandra
Hoferichter as next year's EURALO delegate on the ICANN Nominating
Committee.
If no objections are received, Sandra will be selected to be on the
Nominating Committee by Acclamation.

2. Please read the Statements as well as the comments with the answers
at the bottom of the EURALO selections page. You will need to know that
when you will be asked to vote for your preferred candidate for the ALAC
position.

3. You may also listen to the last 10 minutes of the EURALO call ( there
is a link to the call recording on the EURALO monthly call agenda on
https://community.icann.org/x/kQqOAw ) where Bastiaan Goslings said a
few words about himself and explained his interest in serving EURALO on
the ALAC. Jean Jacques Subrenat also said a few words on Veronica
Cretu's behalf, and we also heard comments from others present on the call.

If you have any questions to ask to any of the candidates for the ALAC
position, please write them here and the candidates will be able to
answer them. We'll also make a copy of these questions and answers and
put them on the EURALO selections WIKI page.

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Chair