[EURO-Discuss] EURALO Monthly call - Action Items posted

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Jun 22 23:26:48 UTC 2016

Dear all,

on our last EURALO conference call (
https://community.icann.org/x/KhyOAw ) the action items for the call
were recorded on: https://community.icann.org/x/LxyOAw

One action item was:

> 1.      Olivier Crepin-Leblond
> <https://community.icann.org/display/%7Eolivier.crepin-leblond>to ask
> the ALAC Chair if there is a place in At-Large to discuss the
> protection of Geographic names.

I have asked the ALAC Chair Alan Greenberg about this. His response was
as follows:

"Since we are talking about protection with regard to gTLDs (we have no
power over ccTLDs), and we cannot readily change the rules for the
legacy TLDs, that comes down to the new gTLDs (last round or future
ones) and therefore the New gTLD WG is the place I would guess. "

So Oksana, (and anyone else interested in the new gTLD process), you
might wish to join the At-Large new gTLD working group; more information
on: https://community.icann.org/x/8Yoi

Kindest regards,

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond
EURALO Chair