[EURO-Discuss] FW: [Nom-com-2016] January Report Card

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Fri Feb 12 21:07:38 UTC 2016

Dear Yrjö,

thank you very much for this report card. I note with concern that yet
again there is a serious deficit of applications from the Latin America
& Caribbean region, as well as a terrible gender imbalance.
Looking at prior years, this appears to have now become a trend. What is
the Nominating Committee doing to resolve this problem? What concrete
actions are going to be taken? I note there is an Outreach sub-committee
and look forward to hearing about its recommendations, although I do not
know whether gender balance issues are in its remit.
Kindest regards,

Olivier

On 11/02/2016 22:05, Yrjö Länsipuro wrote:
> Hi all,
>
> Herewith the NomCom Report Card for January 2016
>
> Best,
>
> Yrjö

> From: joette.youkhanna at icann.org
> To: nom-com-2016 at icann.org
> Date: Thu, 11 Feb 2016 19:15:00 +0000
> Subject: [Nom-com-2016] January Report Card
>
> Hi All,
>
> Attached is the January Report Card.  Please share with your various
> lists!
>

> A request to post on 2016 NomCom webpage has been submitted.  It
> should be posted by tomorrow.
>

> All the best,
>
> Joette
>

> Joette Youkhanna
>
> Senior Project Manager
>
> Nominating Committee Operations
>
> ICANN - Internet Corporation for Assigned Names and Numbers
>
> 12025 Waterfront Drive, Suite 300
>
> Los Angeles, CA USA 90094

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD
http://www.gih.com/ocl.html