[EURO-Discuss] WG: Seeking Regional Advice for a New ALS / Article 19

Tatiana Tropina tatiana.tropina at gmail.com
Sat Aug 27 08:23:31 UTC 2016

Dear Erich,

I believe that some of the existing ALS - both in Europe and at other
At-Large - won't meet the criteria listed by you, which is normal. The
diversity of players in the protection of individual users rights varies
from societies with membership to academic centres (and the "democratic
outreach of them if, frankly speaking, not compatible). I think if we are
talking about criteria, we have to be fair. If there is something to be
established in the future - let it be so, but for now not all of the
membership can exactly fit into what you described. So while you raise a
very important issues for the future, I think for now Article 19 might be
rather treated fairly and accordingly under the existing rules.

Warm regards
Tanya