[EURO-Discuss] EURALO BOARD selection

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Wed Nov 18 18:23:49 UTC 2015

Dear Jean-Jacques,

thank you for your kind follow-up. I note your support for Roberto's
proposal.
A comment in-line:

On 18/11/2015 08:40, Subrenat, Jean-Jacques wrote:
> Having been nominated (by Roberto) for a position on the EURALO Board, I would like to take this opportunity to share my views on the composition of the Board: as with good architecture, function precedes form. What are the requirements of a Board such as Euralo's? We need a Chair, a Vice- or Co-Chair to officiate when the Chair is not available, a Secretary (keeper of the records, drafter of reports), a Treasurer (usually required by regulation).

At minimum, we need to comply by the EURALO Articles of Association.
https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/Articles+of+Association

At present, with no separate bank account nor actual funds, the position
of Treasurer & the drawing of yearly accounts appears to be out of
context. We'll need to discuss this.

> There are 2 functions which might justify additional positions on the Board:
> - Outreach;
> - Legal and organizational issues.

I really think that outreach is the duty of each and every EURALO
members, not only the EURALO Board. That said, it would be great to have
an outreach champion on the Board. It would be great to have a capacity
building champion too - in charge of the EURALO Capacity Building
program, inviting guests to present Webinars and promoting these
Webinars to our ALSes.

Kindest regards,

Olivier