[EURO-Discuss] WG: CANDIDATES REQUIRED for 2015 Leadership Training Program

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Thu Jul 30 21:58:20 UTC 2015

Dear all,

this is to inform you that we were asked by At-Large Staff to suggest two candidates for the upcoming LTP in Dublin from our region.

We would like to suggest two names a) Yrjö Länsipuro (experienced) and b) Valentina Pavel ("incoming") to ALAC. As noted below, the ALAC will take the final decision about the participants -- one candidate from our region only -- by guaranteeing a balance between incoming and experienced leaders and considering the NomCom Selections which will likely be announced in late August.

Kind regards,
Wolf

Heidi Ullrich wrote Mon, 20 Jul 2015 17:36:
>Dear All,
>
>Please see below a note from Sandra Hoferichter, Chair of the Academy WG, on the 2015 Leadership Training Program:
>
>**
>Dear RALO Chairs,
>I am pleased to announce that the 2015 Leadership Training Programme course is scheduled to take place in Dublin, 14 through 16 October, one week prior to the ICANN 54 Meeting.
>
>The programme is designed for current and incoming leaders, helping them to better understand the complexity of ICANN and strengthen their facilitation skills. We are aware that understanding ICANN as an organisation, the topics discussed within ICANN and interaction within the other stakeholder groups is challenging for incoming leaders, but sometimes also for experienced leaders. ICANN and the community are undertaking considerable effort in order to help incoming leaders have a good start in their term and current leaders the opportunity to strengthen their leadership and facilitation skills.
>Participants will have the chance to:
>
>*         meet leaders from the other AC/SO's,
>
>*         discuss in depth ICANN hot topics,
>
>*         deepen the understanding of key ICANN processes and
>
>*         will be able to develop facilitation and leadership skills, focused personal effectiveness to run meetings and foster processes
>
>*         facilitate a session on a topic of their expertise and in accordance to the curriculum (experienced leaders only)
>The preliminary programme is attached.
>Accommodation for participants will be covered and participants will receive a stipend. Please note that flights will NOT be covered under this programme as incoming leaders are normally covered by the regular ICANN travel support. Please ensure that the leaders you select are being covered by ICANN Travel Support for their flights to Dublin ICANN54.
>For this programme 5 seats (one for each RALO) are reserved for representatives from the ALAC / RALO Leadership.
>We would like to ask you to identify 1 incoming and 1 current leader from your region who are interested and available to participate in this programme.
>The ALAC will take the final decision about the participants by guaranteeing a balance between incoming and experienced leaders and considering the NomCom Selections which will likely be announced in late August.
>Please send your nominations to Sandra Hoferichter<mailto:info at hoferichter.eu> and Heidi Ullrich<mailto:heidi.ullrich at icann.org> by Monday, 31 August.
>The Registration Form and additional information are available on the 2015 Leadership Training Program Workspace<https://community.icann.org/display/LTP/Leadership+Training+Program+Home>.
> [...]

EuroDIG Secretariat
http://www.eurodig.org/