[EURO-Discuss] European IG Ecosystem

EMP info at euromediaplatform.org
Fri May 30 14:20:56 UTC 2014

Dear all,

At last I nearly finished my attempts to grasp IG Ecosystem in Europe. It
was extremely difficult for me, because:

1. I could not reailise why we are talking about 76 entities of Europe in
ICANN , if even Council of Europe counts only 47 countries, and 5 of them
(extremely important for Europe from my point of view) do not belong to
Europe in ICANN's understanding(

2. This is my first attempt to use Excel (actually, I spent a lot of time
trying to evoide Excel, but failed(

So, no any attempt from my side for any political or technological misdoing(

I really did it first of all for myself, but I will higly appreciate any
your comments, help or criticism. You can find here the link only for
reading and comments, but if anybody is interested in  editing this form -
pls let me know and I will share editing options for you.

Some necessary explanations:

A - country code - the only one indicator, whic links country or territory
to Europe;
B - sponsoring organizations. In some cases different country codes are
administrated by the same sponsoring organisation.
C - IDN. At this stage I added only ccTLD IDNs, but later I will add new
gTLD IDNs
D - extremely important aspect. How this column correlates with B?
E - which oranizations from B and C are members of ccNSO? What is the
trend? What are the opportunities and challenges?
F - counties, at last))) Members of the Council of Europe in bold.
G - ALS. I hope here I have not to explain what does it mean.
H - membership in GAC. In bold - with 1+ members (crucial issue for me and
for Ukraine)
I - ITU - a lot of gaps(((( zone C, Europe Unit, RCC... A lot of questions(
J - Digital Aenda - EU countries with non-EU countries
K - only questions, no answers((( Paul said about 76 members of RIPE NCC, I
found the list of nearly 150( Did not mark all of them here(
L - CERNES
M - ISOC (ECC - European Chapter Council)

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/lv?key=0Aq6PuMMw4B4tdC01c0xSbzJLVFk0T2RZUXRibVBjZnc

Best regards,
Best regards,
Oksana