[EURO-Discuss] R: Reflections on selection: 1. Emotional

Wolf Ludwig wolf.ludwig at comunica-ch.net
Tue Apr 15 14:57:47 UTC 2014

Hello,

just a *correction* on point 2 below (appointment of proxy and procedure): Theres was only one self-nomination for this proxy vote from Oksana -- and no others on the list during the narrow call period. In case there would have been more candidates volunteering for this, we needed to do a voting on the *preferred candidate* for this proxy vote.

On point 3: EURALO's ALAC members are free in their vote but may consider the result of the regional consultation, if they wish. The chair only is bound to his directed vote (what BTW is not prescribed in our Bylaws but was discussed and decided by EURALO prior to the 2010 selection and regional consultation for Seat 15).

On the meaning of a "directed vote" I remember that I have outlined and explained this before: It's a vote based on the majority will of EURALO's members and not the personal preference of the chair (as part of the electorate).

Best, Wolf