[EURO-Discuss] R: R: R: Draft Board Report (2012-13) for Lisbon GA

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Thu May 23 11:47:57 UTC 2013

Dear Wolf,

you're absolutely right. And matters of Geographic Regions are still
being worked out at ICANN. I agree it is taking a lot more time than it
should - but the process examining geographic regions is very complex
since it also associates ccNSO, the ASO (Regional Internet Registries
etc.) as well as the meetings team. Changing Geo Regions has far
reaching implications. The proposals which we made in
http://www.atlarge.icann.org/correspondence/correspondence-19dec11-en.htm
appears to be the path which the Geo Regions Review WG is favouring.
But these proposals have not been finalised nor ratified by the Board.
So until then, we are under the *obligation* to follow the current ICANN
Geographic Regions.

Kind regards,

Olivier

Olivier MJ Crépin-Leblond, PhD