[EURO-Discuss] Draft Board Report (2012-13) for Lisbon GA

Olivier MJ Crepin-Leblond ocl at gih.com
Tue May 21 22:50:34 UTC 2013

Dear Wolf,

thanks for your kind reply. Just one point to add:

On 22/05/2013 00:12, Wolf Ludwig wrote:
> (WL) I always tried to keep these reports as short and concise as possible (2 pages max.) and concentrating on "previous" facts and experiences in the reporting period by avoiding too many details or scenarios (or examples from other RALOs). IMO, this annual report is a summary about what WE did or didn't do last year and not a discussion paper or project proposal. The examples you noted here from other RALOs are *important* and valuable for our on-spot discussion in Lisbon, to look over the fence to see what others do better than we did so far, to consider better practices -- but this shouldn't be part of this annual report. Let me suggest that you point to these good examples at the GA itself under the Agenda points 10 to 13 -- see:
> https://community.icann.org/display/EURALO/2013+EURALO+General+Assembly

Indeed -- I think I might have confused everyone with the way I
responded to your first message. Indeed, I was first commenting on the
content of your report and beyond the error I pointed our re: Buenos
Aires vs. Durban, I am in full agreement with the contents of your report.
The other points I made in my message were discussion points and
follow-up beyond your report, discussions which I hope we can start now
on the mailing list and which can follow-on in Lisbon, during the GA but
also before, and informally too. Just to get things moving.

I believe that you and I are in violent agreement.

Kind regards,

Olivier