[EURO-Discuss] Important: Lisbon GA planning and procedures

EMP info at euromediaplatform.org
Tue Mar 19 16:16:57 UTC 2013

Dear all,

I would like to support all Sandra's proposition and to add some more aspects.

Situation with .health was really very illustrative. ICANN was
extremely interested to know what we all (including Ukrainian ALSes)
think on this objection process. I do not know anybody in Ukraine, who
cares about this .health (except Alexander Kondaurov, who, as a member
of WG, spent a lot of his time and efforts to analyze this issue).

At the same time, nobody in ICANN is interested to know, what we,
Ukrainian ALSes, think about the delegation of Ukrainian IDN .ykp.

http://www.icann.org/en/groups/board/documents/resolutions-28feb13-en.htm#2.c.rationale

Despite we shared with a lot of ICANN/ALAC/At-Large representatives
all our concerns regarding this delegation.

Of course we have our own responsibility for missing the agenda of
this Board meeting. But even now, what transparency and accountability
we are talking about? How did Sebastien vote in this case? How did
Bertrand vote? What documents were submitted to the board by Ukrainian
apllicant?

Now both EMP and InAU are members of the Advisory Committee on top
level domains at National Regulator. And we really would like to help
to bridge different national stakeholders between themselves and with
ICANN.

In more general case, it is the question how national ALSes can help
in communication between ICANN and end users regarding national
issues. Do ALSes have any additional rights, responsibilities, tools
of communication or even dispute resolutions?

One again - I do not propose just now to discuss any specific issues.
Just the role of any ALS regarding both ICANN and local Internet
community.

Best regards,
Oksana